- May 10th, 2005
- FAILURE TO COMPLY WITH MANDATORY ISCF
- INSUBORDINATE CONDUCT TO THE SPORT.
- CONDUCT DETRIMENTAL TO THE SPORT.
- SUSPENSION: Indefinitely
- FINE: $500.00
- Oblas was suspended as a Promoter by the ISCF
for Failure to Comply with Mandatory ISCF
Sanctioning Requirements along with promoting false accusations about the
regulatory procedures of the ISCF.
- Issues related to this suspension actually started in 2004. The final
issues came after Oblas' last ISCF
- After his April 29th, 2005 Atlanta, Georgia ISCF
Sanctioned event, Oblas went on a public message board and made false
accusations (Lies) about how the
ISCF Event Officials handled things at his
event. Some Examples:
- Oblas tried to harm the regulating credibility of the ISCF going on a public message board within a few
hours of his event writing:
- 05/01/05 12:04 AM: "At this time I am still yet to be asked for
proof of the insurance on the show by the iscf World President that I flew in
town or proof of the pro contracts showing what the fighters were paid."
- ISCF President Steve Fossum
responded in an e-mail, reminding Oblas:
- "There was no need to ask for your proof of insurance at the
event. I had already had this faxed to me the week of the event on April 27th,
2005 at 4:13 PM by either you or the Insurance Company, Laurence Cole out of
Dallas Texas. The Policy number is FD9212SP, Policy Holder: Undisputed
Productions, Coverage Date: April 29th, 2005. Coverage Amount: $2,500.00
Now David, If I never had this policy, how would I know
all this? I never asked you for it because I already had it in my possession,
the night of your event in my files."
- ISCF made sure in an e-mail to Oblas
prior to his event for him to make sure he had all the PRO fighters pay in
either cashiers checks or cash. Oblas assured ISCF
it would be in cash.
- ISCF Did ask Oblas for the
contracts on Thursday night, April 28th, 2005 at the weigh-ins. Oblas'
response to the ISCF was, "I
don't have them here, but here is what the fighters are to be paid."
Oblas then gave Fossum & Waller the amount of every PRO
fighters purse, plus who was to receive bonus money if they won.
- ISCF (Fossum & Matthew Waller)
asked for these purses just before the event of Friday night, April 29th, 2005.
In this conversation, Oblas told ISCF
that "2" fighters had already been paid "Through tickets they
sold". These 2 fighters were close friends of Oblas, Kevin
Gittemeier and James Thorpe. Since Oblas knew these two closely and
the ISCF was well aware of this, the ISCF OK'ed this action.
- Despite some delays, Oblas paid all the remaining fighter (4)
purses to the ISCF prior to the start of
- After the event, the ISCF paid all 4
Pro Fighter's their full purse with the sealed envelopes signed by Oblas
and the ISCF.
- For many months Oblas continually attacked the regulatory duties of
the ISCF, trying greatly to discredit the
ISCF on public message boards, web pages,
etc. etc. In the spring of 2005, ISCF and
Oblas made amends and agreed to move on to a positive future. However,
on Oblas' part, the amends was as false as the many accusations he had
made about the ISCF in the years prior. It
was almost as if Oblas was only working with the ISCF so that he could try to find a weak link or a
failure spot, which he never was able to find, because there was none.
- Oblas had made it a common action to continually insult both the
ISCF as well as ISCF
Officials in Georgia and at ISCF
- His dirty tactics eventually killed the progression of MMA in Georgia as
well as put other promoters he damaged through comments to others, out of
business for good, all because he found himself suspended for failure to follow
up with his post event requirements.
- Oblas was and still remains an individual who uses a computer
keyboard as his weapon of choice. He will never confront or stand up to his
accusations made to other Promoters, Trainers, Fighters and Officials (Even
Officials of the Georgia State Athletic Commission) in person, but stands
tall behind his keyboard.
- 2016: Oblas' goal to dominate Georgia
as the ONLY MMA Promoter in the State took another wild and wacky turn. Oblas is
now seeking to put all Kickboxing & Muay Thai Promoters out of business.
Making more false accusations about other promoters, trainers and fighters to
others in attempts to discredit anyone and everyone other than himself. His
selfish tactics continue to hurt any and all up and coming (as well as
established) MMA and Kickboxing / Muay Thai Promoters in the State of Georgia.
He continues his quest to be the ONLY MMA and Kickboxing / Muay Thai Promoter in
the state of Georgia...